Sunday, October 3, 2010

Here I go again

I suck at blogging. I sporadically go through spurts where I decide to come here and write something. Today happens to be one of those days. I don't really have anything interesting to say. I guess the reason I suck at blogging is because I realize that no one wants to read about my mundane existence. Its boring enough living it. That's not entirely true, my life is far from boring. Well, I'm no rock star but I am a motorcycle momma!

We closed Scrapbook Obsessions on August 31, 2010. I feel as though I have been in mourning over it. Silly, huh? Mom and I built that company from the ground up. We grew rapidly and were very successful for several years before the recession hit. Since we are in the hobby industry we discovered that is the first place that everyone started cutting back in their budgets. We felt the hit hard. We tried holding on, for too long really, before we realized that it was time to finally let go. It's sad but it was the right thing to do. I will miss it terribly. I don't want to leave the craft industry forever though. It is where I feel at home. It's what I love to do.

No comments: