Saturday, April 12, 2014

Life goes on

A lot has happened since my last post. I landed a job that I loved but with a company that had no morals, I ended up leaving after only a year and a half. I've been home writing novels since then. I just submitted my first fantasy fiction novel to a literary agent. Cross your fingers and toes that I get published. I read somewhere that J.K. Rowling was turned down by dozens of agents and it took her over a year to get someone to publish her first Harry Potter book. I am keeping that in mind as I wait to hear a response from submitting for the very first time. I'm sure I will (eventually) post something here about when it finally happens.

2013 wasn't a good year for me. My father lost his battle with cancer and passed away at his home on January 16th. I was at work when I got the news and a huge part of me died that day. My dad was always the one person that I went to for wisdom and advice. Here it is 15 months later and I am crying as I merely mention his passing. I miss him so much. My dad and I were very close. My sisters were older then me and never wanted their baby sister to be in their room or playing with their stuff so I ended up hanging out with my dad instead. He always welcomed me to come sit on the couch with him or to assist him out in his shed or in the yard. I was my daddy's shadow. Where ever he went, I was right behind him. I can't count the number of times we went to junk yards and pulled parts off cars together. He taught me what every tool is called and what it's purpose is. My dad also taught me that a real man treats his family with love and respect. I never once heard him yell or lose his temper. He was always jolly and fun to be around. I miss him so much.

In October I lost my dog Sugar. She was 15 years old and loved me till her last hour. She was a loyal dog that I had since she was only a pup. We suspected that Rosco would probably follow in her footsteps and were saddened to discover we were right. In February 2014 he had a stroke and was buried in the yard next to Sugar. Losing him was harder than losing Sugar. I guess my grief meter was full and toppled over. I should learn how to write a country song because I think I have enough sorrow to fill one. Even my dogs are gone.

On a happier note, my youngest child, Tanner, graduated with honors from high school last May and is about to complete his freshman year at Middle Tennessee State University. He would like to become a college professor of mathematics. He has many years of school still ahead of him. He is one of the smartest people I know, I believe he will succeed.

On an even happier note, in July 2013 my husband and I went to Hawaii for 2 weeks to celebrate our 20th anniversary. While there we fell in love with the way of life, the people, the culture, the beauty of the island and have recently come to the decision to move there. I checked into the price of shipping our possessions over there and it was outrageous. We have decided to sell everything and start fresh in Hawaii. We want to live a simple life once we get there. We plan on living off grid with water catchment and solar energy. In order to make that dream a reality we will have to sell everything we own including cars, trucks, motorcycles, house, furniture, tools, crafts, artwork, electronics, dishes, appliances, clothes....EVERYTHING! We plan on only taking what we can fit in our luggage.

I was doing some research online and read that if you are going to sell everything you own that it's best to set up a blog to list the stuff on. I will also be creating Ebay listings with most things starting at $0.99 with no reserve because I have to sell everything so I will just let everything go for whatever it goes for. Whatever we make we will put towards our Hawaii Fund. I'm sure we will also have several yard sales through out the entire process too. Be on the lookout for more info.

Once everything is sold, including the house, we will live happily ever after in paradise.

You have not because you ask not.

If anyone has a kind heart and deep pockets, please feel free to aid in making our dream a reality.


- Chantele

No comments: