Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh, yeah! It's one of THOSE days

I've been trying to start this blog post for 2 days now and for the life of me I can't ever seem to get it going. Sure, I've written several different things but when I go back and re-read them I end up boring myself...that's pretty bad. LOL! I think I have come to the conclusion that I just shouldn't blog if I'm not in a good mood. The words I write don't tend to be as witty when I'm in a crumby one. Yesterday was DEFINITELY one of those days. You ever have a day where you wish you just stayed in bed, pulled the covers over your head, and just laid there staring at the ceiling instead of actually getting up and facing the world? Well, lets just say that my life would have definitely been better if I had obeyed that inner calling to stay in bed rather then experience the day I had yesterday. I think me and Murphy might be related because "if things can go wrong, they will" would have been a good motto for me yesterday. I woke up with a phone call of bad news. I got to work and encountered more bad news from one of our vendors...and then a second vendor gave me even worse news. I couldn't eat my lunch because I cut the roof of my mouth on a chip a couple days ago and it is still so tender that everything that touches it sends pain racing through my head. Oh, I should have just stayed in bed all day.

I shouldn't really complain though because it wasn't all bad, my hubby knew I was having a yucky day so when I rode my motorcycle to meet him after work he took me on this amazingly relaxing scenic ride. We rode along side the lake, we saw deer standing in the fields (thankfully they didn't try to dart in front of us), we even got to see a small plane doing tricks in the air. Now, how KEWL is that? I guess it was some private owners plane and they were just having fun up there in the sky. I was able to put my earplugs in, turn my MP3 on, sit back on my bike, feel the rev of that engine, the warmth of the sun, and simply ride. Oh, it was exactly what I needed after that kind of day! When we got home a few hours later I was completely relaxed and ready to make dinner, watch the news, then go to bed.

I am so fortunate to have a husband that loves me and takes care of me the way Tom does. He turned my bad day into a wonderful ending. What a guy! You know, I think I'll keep him...at least for another day. ;) Check out this layout of Tom & I with a picture of us from "back in the day".

Later Taters!
Chantele

5 comments:

Gaspegirl said...

I couldn't help but giggle when I read your post because I am having one of those days today. I went to blog - started it three times and shut it down... too much frustration and disappointment in me right now to blog -- so I hear you loud and clear! Love the layout of the older pic of you two ... so nice to hear of another couple who continue to support one another after many years together...

BabyBokChoy said...

That photo is to die for!! Holy wow!!!! Awesome layout!!!! Look at you, so sweet!!!!!!!!!!

jan williams said...

Been there, done that too many times LOL...I LOVE this layout!!! It is great to have a husband that knows when to bring you back to calm...
By the way I LOVE all your music!!!!

The Mom said...

Awesome blog!!! And, yes I know what it's like to have one of those days....the ones where you wonder what you need to do to stop absolutely everything from going wrong. Good thing we have hubbies that are rocks to help us get through ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sex Diaries of a Mom

The Mom said...

Speaking of rocks, your blog does! No pun intended, but I liked it so much, I wanted to give you an award! Sex Diaries of a Mom ;)